Thank you for considering supporting Graduate Education at Idaho State University!
Graduate students are innovators in their fields – scientists pursuing new medicines to cure disease, engineers developing next generation materials to build our society’s homes and infrastructure, clinicians gaining the expertise needed to care for our loved ones, or artists whose work calls us to reflect on the significance of this human experience we share.
With over 100 graduate programs and 2000 graduate students, ISU’s Graduate School is an incubator of innovation preparing the next generation of leaders in business, industry, health care, education, social services, and the arts and humanities.
When you contribute to the Graduate School Dean’s Excellence Fund, you are providing financial support that translates directly into scholarships and graduate student research support. Our mission is to open doors to further education for talented students capable of advancing their fields and benefitting us all. Join with us as we seek to support students in bringing about tomorrow’s innovations today.
Facts about ISU Graduate Students and Graduate Student Needs:
1. Enrollment in ISU’s Graduates Programs has increased approximately 20% in the last five years
2. ISU spends over five million dollars a year supporting graduate students and graduate student research, and roughly 25% of our graduate students receive some kind of support.
3. ISU is the State of Idaho’s designated lead Health Sciences institution and our three highest enrolling programs – Physician Assistant Studies, Speech Language Pathology, and Physical Therapy – are all in the health sciences.
4. The fastest growing graduate programs over the last five years have been the Master of Arts in Spanish and the Masters of Social Work programs.
5. Our MBA program is the fifth largest graduate program in the institution and serves business leaders across Southeast Idaho – if you do business in the region, chances are you work with one of our former graduate students!
6. Our doctoral program in Educational Leadership and our Master of Arts in Teaching are our highest enrolling education programs, and students from these programs serve as teachers, principals, and other school staff and administration across our region and beyond.
7. Currently, approximately 5% of the graduate student body are international students, 25% are out of state students, and 70% are Idaho residents. As such numbers suggest, our graduate programs are significantly impacting lives and communities in Idaho and beyond.